Greenhouse’s Specialized LBGTQ Treatment Track
Individuals struggling with addiction who are in the LGBTQ community face a unique set of challenges in recovery.
Greenhouse has a designated LGBTQ track that offers specialized treatment for this community. We cater to the needs of the community through unique groups and topics covered and a staff that has years of experience in working with the LBGTQ community.
What Is Covered?
Specific topics addressed on Greenhouse’s LBGTQ track include the following:
- History of the LGBTQ community
- Healthy relationships
- Family dynamics
- Coming out
- Transgender issues
Greenhouse’s team of professionals has worked with the LGBTQ community that struggles with addiction and co-occurring mental health conditions. This treatment experience includes:
- Understanding the unique struggles that this population endures.
- Dealing with a high stress work environment.
- High exposure to trauma or trauma related incidents.
- Focus on taking care of others, having nothing left for themselves.
- High expectations of societal norms and stigma’s they face throughout their life.
- High exposure to hate crimes.
- Developing a safe space to discuss and explore their issues in a non-judgmental supportive environment.
- Unique relationship issues.
Our LGBTQ track is run by Maggie Robertson, a licensed master’s level therapist who has been working with the LGBTQ community and was instrumental in initiating this track at the Greenhouse Treatment Center. Robertson has a decade of experience with the LGBTQ community, and has also worked in the field of addiction with co-occurring disorders for 10 years. Prior to this, Robertson was in the medical field for 20-plus years and still uses these skills to educate clients on the disease concept of addiction.
More About Greenhouse’s Treatment Offerings
Greenhouse provides dedicated treatment at all levels of care, as our clients can access treatment at any point based on individualized needs, including:
- Medical detox.
- Residential treatment.
- Inpatient rehabilitation.
- Partial hospitalization program.
Our treatment modalities include but are not limited to:
- Trauma groups.
- Grief and loss.
- Individual therapy.
- Self-management/anger management.
- Process group therapy 5 times weekly.
- Stress management training.
- Spirituality groups.
- Emotional regulation behavior group.
- Relapse prevention groups.
- Goals and intervention groups.
- Wellness focused treatments including; pain management/somatization, yoga, nutritional assessments and groups, and exercise management.
- Co-occurring disorder/mental health groups.
We offer numerous therapy types to help you resolve issues and traumas that contribute to your substance use, including cognitive-behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing, and more. Learn about our therapeutic offerings here.