Our faith based rehab and addiction treatment is designed with the Christian in mind.
Faith Based Recovery Programs
Religion is central to many people’s lives, but all too often it is missing in addiction treatment, a time in which people may be most at need of a reconnection to their spirituality. That is why Greenhouse Treatment Center is excited to offer a christian addiction recovery program specific to the Christian community.
What Is the Christian Addiction Recovery Program?
At Greenhouse, you’ll have a chance to get the highest-quality addiction treatment combined with a carefully crafted Christ-centered program.
We have developed a comprehensive curriculum that offers evidenced-based substance abuse treatment that is also consistent with Biblical principles. The program will include a special focus on these topics via individual and group christian drug counseling, educational classes, and group fellowship activities. Outings to church services are tailored to each patient.
Beyond the 12 Steps
While 12-Step recovery is a spiritual program, many people want even more of an integration of their religious beliefs into their personal recovery journey. It is our hope that this program will provide practical and effective tools to do just that. Our curriculum will include topics such as:
- The Struggle of Sin. Looking at addiction in the context of sin to gain a better understanding of the problem. (Step 1)
- The Grace of God. We’ll use scripture to gain a better understanding of God’s grace and discuss how it can free us from our addiction. (Step 2)
- Empowerment of Faith. Faith can be a mysterious subject. Using scripture, we will discuss what faith is and, more importantly, how it works in our lives. (Step 3)
- The Importance of Honesty. The first step in recovery is that one must be honest with themselves. We will look at the denial of addiction and cognitive distortions in light of Biblical teaching. (Steps 4-8)
- Prayer and Meditation. Prayer and meditation is essential to spirituality. We will discuss the importance of prayer and mediation and how to make it a priority in our recovery. (Step 11)
Who Runs the Program?
Selected to head the program is Joshua Reed, BAAS, LCDC, PRC.
Mr. Reed serves as a therapist at Greenhouse Treatment Center. He received his B.A.A.S from The University of North Texas in 2015 and became a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor in 2017. Mr. Reed served at other residential treatment centers before arriving at Greenhouse and has been in the recovery field for more than 5 years. Mr. Reed has experience at other Christ-Centered treatment programs where he facilitated the teaching of Biblical principles and performed Biblical counseling. He is excited to bring that expertise to clients at Greenhouse Treatment Center.